I really have learnt so much about my water personality over the past 2 weeks! It’s opened my eyes to what my body needs and has contributed greatly to my wellness journey. An essential during this time has been the BRITA water filter jug. Having it on my desk, in front of me, has reminded me to drink up! And now I’m so happy to be giving one away and hopefully adding positively to someone else’s journey to wellness and good health!
So here’s what you have to do to enter to win a BRITA water filter jug:
- Post a picture of yourself drinking a glass of water and use the hashtag #BRITAHydration
- You can also tweet this pic or add it to Facebook for an extra entry! Don’t forget the hashtag so we can find all your entries.
My favourite water drinking tips are:
- Drinking herbal, non-caffeinated teas without sweetener is also a great way to also get your water in! Teas like lemon, mint, ginger and Rooibos are also fantastic anti-oxidants.
- 8 glasses of water is not necessarily a one-size-fits all solution. You should be drinking 250ml of water for every 10kg of your weight.
- Tap water in South Africa is luckily safe to drink but filtering your water helps in optimising what you’re putting into your body and thus absorbing all the nutrients you need from food and supplements you may take.
- As our brains are made up of about 57% water, adequate hydration reduces the occurrence of headaches
- It also has a ‘glowing’ effect on the skin as the detoxification process produces a clearer complexion.
- Filtering your water and drinking it in a reusable bottle, instead of buying bottled water constantly, contributes to safeguarding our environment.
- Excess salt, caffeine and alcohol all diminish our body’s hydration. Make sure you increase your water intake if you drink any of these liquids.
I must encourage you to take on the 21-day water-drinking challenge! You need to write down everything you drink and that way you get to know your water personality. Writing it down may seem excessive but believe me it’s an essential! You soon realize your bad habits and with doing this for 21 days you can form a NEW healthy habit by ensuring you’re drinking enough water.
You can read about my 3-day water-drinking challenge, which was analysed by wellness expert, Lisa Raleigh, here. My results were incredibly interesting!
Good luck with YOUR journey to wellness and good health and please tweet me or get in touch on Facebook – I’d love to hear from you.
PS This infused water is one of my favourites! It’s a combination of Kiwi (great for controlling blood pressure), Pomegranate (for detox and anti-inflammation) and Strawberries (which are not only delicious but also aid in assisting your metabolism). This is a tasty way of ensuring your hydrating yourself! Enjoy!
Entries close on Sunday the 22nd of May at 17:00 and the winner will be announced via social media on Monday the 23rd of May. T&Cs apply and the judges decision is final.